Jim Fossard, Attorney at Law
Jim Fossard is a lifetime Springfield resident and graduate of Southwest Missouri State University. He earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Missouri – Kansas City.
In addition to practicing in the area of family law, Jim Fossard has extensive experience in real estate law matters, including mechanic’s lien litigation, construction litigation, foreclosures, tax sales, title law, nuisance litigation and real estate transactions. If you are a construction contractor or subcontractor, he can assist you in setting up your business practices to protect and enforce your lien rights in the event you do not get paid. Jim’s representative clients are Stewart Guaranty Title Company, Knight Heating and Air Conditioning Company, Inc., and A-1 Guarantee Roofing, Inc. Jim also handles foreclosures of mortgages in default.
In addition to handling tort litigation, personal injury and insurance cases, Mr. Fossard also handles business collection matters. His representative clients in this area of practice are Old Missouri Bank, and Kansas City Auto Auction, Inc.
Jim Fossard has provided litigation and research support for title insurance companies since 2000, and handles matters involving real estate, including mechanic’s and tax liens, quiet title and judicial foreclosure actions, ingress and egress issues, adverse possession, construction litigation, and title challenges. Mr. Fossard represents a significant number of clients seeking legal expertise in handling all types of real estate matters.
Jim’s Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Mechanic’s Lien
Memberships, Boards & Committees
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Springfield City Utilities Board
- Admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit and the United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Missouri Audubon Board (present)
- Past Trustee of The Nature Conservancy, Missouri chapter
- Ozarks Green Building Coalition (past Vice-President)
Awards & Recognitions
- Boss of the Year by the Springfield Area Legal Support Professionals (1998)
- Stewart Title Guaranty Company
- Knight Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.
- A-1 Guarantee Roofing, Inc.
- Amazon listing optimization service
- Kansas City Auto Auction
- Altom Construction