John Pratt, Attorney at Law
John Pratt is a lifelong Missouri resident. He graduated from Southeast Missouri State College in 1963 before entering law school at Washington University in St. Louis. John was admitted to the bar in 1966. He is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and has been ranked one of the Best Lawyers in America for over 10 years. In 2010 John received the Roger P. Krumm Family Law Award for Attorney of the Year from The Missouri Bar.
Membership, Boards & Committees
- Fellow: American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (President, Missouri Chapter, 2006-2007; Chair, Admissions Committee, 2004-)
- The Missouri Bar (Family Law Section; Child Support Guideline Revision Committee, 1994-; Unbundled Legal Services Committee, 2007; Missouri Bar Association Convention, Family Education Track, 2007)
- Ozarks Trail Council, various offices including President, Advancement Chairman
- Springfield City Council
Awards & Recognitions
- Roger P. Krumm Family Law Award for Attorney of the Year for 2010
- “SuperLawyer” in the field of family law, recognizing the top 5% of lawyers in Missouri as found by the publishers of Law and Politics
- Boss of the Year by the Springfield Area Legal Support Professionals (2007)
More about John
- John is married to Virginia Fry, who is also an attorney in Springfield. They have a son and daughter.
- In his spare time, John enjoys reading, working with the Boy Scouts, and petting his cats.