Susan S. Jensen, Attorney at Law
Susan S. Jensen practices exclusively in family law, including family law appeals. She is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and is designated a “SuperLawyer” in the field of family law. For the past 2 years she has been ranked as one of the Top 50 Women Attorneys by that same publication.
Susan is a cum laude graduate of William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri. She earned her Juris Doctorate with distinction from the University of Iowa College of Law. Susan has served as a law clerk to three different Missouri appellate judges. Susan has served in leadership positions in groups concentrating on family law. Susan is a frequent lecturer on family law for the Missouri Bar and the local bar associations.
Memberships, Boards & Committees
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (2008-present)
- The Missouri Bar Family Law Section Springfield representative (2005-present)
- The Missouri Bar Family Law Newsletter Editor (1999 to 2008)
- Ozarks Literacy Council Board (2006-present); President (2008-2009)
- Member of Leadership Springfield Class XIX
- Adjunct Professor at Drury University, teaching family law
Awards & Recognitions
- Named a “SuperLawyer” (the top 5% of lawyers in Missouri and Kansas) in the field of family law by the publishers of Law and Politics (2008 – present)
- Ranked in the Top 50 Women Attorneys (Missouri and Kansas) by the publishers of Law and Politics (2009 – present)
- Boss of the Year by the Springfield Area Legal Support Professionals (2009)
- David J. Dixon Award for Appellate Advocacy by The Missouri Bar (1999)
More about Susan
- Susan is married to Eric Jensen, who is also an attorney in Springfield. They have twins and a menagerie of animals.
- In her spare time Susan enjoys reading, buying melatonin, movies, riding bikes with her family, and relaxing.